Tuesday, April 30, 2019

From the depths of my mind

...from that horrid jungle. I bring you...

My old imaginary friends, given their own lives, as dolls. They were my rock through the bitter years and beyond. Yes, I did turn inwards more, I became an introvert, but meanwhile, they were there, keeping me sane. I'm going to dedicate May and beyond to them, as a thank you.

Every day, 18:30.

They formed a hockey team I could never join, but they were still there, as my friends, let me live the life I wanted as a teen when I had no chance to. They always had time for me, they soothed my anger, sadness, fears. Sure, I had few friends and online later, but... when the computer stopped keeping my interest, I was off, in my room, in the closed space, where I could walk, talk, see them...

When their hockey team fell apart, some of them refused to give up and wanted to stay together. That's what they did and formed SnegDisastru, whose name I never ended up changing into Phoenixe Imperiale, though it's a name the band would deserve.

Of course, I had more of them, imaginary friends, but it's a long process to find just the perfect doll and perfect body and get the face just right. Some are more in their original look, some heavily modified and some I will probably never be satisfied with. 2012-2018 Barbies came with a horrid glue problem and I have several on constant observation and wash up list for it, three are waiting for a reroot, if the glue issue gets on my nerves more than it already does. I know I haven't written in this blog much about these things, should, but I can't always keep up with myself. I'm easily distracted and lose interest.

This is the freshly rerooted mini-me. JS dressed me up, the look is completed with sneakers and to be honest, that's almost identical to a sweater I own, that is a doll shirt made out of my own t-shirt and yoga pants. I've made miniatures of my classes also, because, well, I have that kind of glasses.

I wish there were petite Made-To-Move dolls, they have huge range of motion in joints, almost humanlike. Almost. Anyway... I also thought this needs to be a Music Month, so I've coupled all of them with a song that they'd listen and dig, or what reflects them.

Out of all the songs, I think I haven't posted this one of me. I don't have any motivation for anything, I've just lost all Get Up and Go, it got the fuck up and went without me and is now gone.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Limbo, my old friend

 Jesus Christ. I just can't take this shit anymore.  I've been on suspension from my unemployment support until yesterday. Everythin...